05 Oct State of California and CannMed 2018 Cohost Cannabis Career Fair
The State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) has partnered with Medicinal Genomics’ CannMed 2018 Cannabis conference to host a Cannabis Career Fair on Monday, October 22nd from 12 to 5 pm at UCLA’s Luskin Conference Center. The Career Fair is free to job seekers and will feature more than 75 exhibitors looking to fill positions in every area of the rapidly growing industry.
“The Cannabis Career Fair is a wonderful addition to the CannMed 2018 event,” said Doug Kennedy, CannMed Conference Director. “The CannMed Conference brings together the greatest minds in cannabis medicine, research, cultivation, and product development. With the Career Fair, we are providing a path for the next generation of cannabis professionals, who will bring new value and insights into this amazing community.”
Advance Your Skills at the CannMed 2018 Conference
The Cannabis Career Fair is the first of its kind in California, and it will kick-off the three-day CannMed 2018 Conference, which will be held October 22-24 at UCLA’s Luskin Conference Center. Job seekers are invited to attend the CannMed Conference to advance their skills and knowledge by learning from more than 70 of the industry’s leading experts in cannabis research, clinical applications, and innovations in cultivation. Presentation topics include:
- Medical applications for cancer, neurology, chronic pain and inflammation
- Latest developments in cultivation technology including genomics for testing and validation
- Use of medical cannabis to treat a wide range of medical conditions
- Science and technology used to drive innovations in cultivation, manufacturing, and product development
- Understanding blockchain technology and how it brings transparency and safety to the cannabis industry.
Learn Directly from the California Regulators
In addition to the CannMed 2018 presentations, the EDD will deliver presentations for California-licensed cannabis companies on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, in the CannMed 2018 exhibit hall. This is a great opportunity for the California cannabis industry to learn directly from the agencies who are implementing and enforcing the state regulations. EDD presentations will include:
- State Disability Insurance (SDI) – Employer/Employee Responsibilities and Benefits.
- Cannabis Industry and State Payroll Taxes
- California Unemployment Insurance (UI) including Employer and Employee Responsibilities and Benefits
- Workforce Services Branch (WSB) Business Service Team and Employer Advisory Council (EAC) including how the EDD and local Employer Advisory Councils (EAC) can assist employers with job postings in CalJOBSSM, direct recruitments at local America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC), job fairs, and much more.
“We’re very excited to be able to partner with California’s EDD in conjunction with our 3rd annual CannMed Conference,” said Kevin McKernan, Medicinal Genomics’ Chief Science Officer. “It’s a reflection of the growing importance of the cannabis industry in California and the confluence of its most exciting developments—endocannabinoid-based therapies, genomics, and cryptocurrency. We’re on pace for CannMed 2018 be our biggest and most exciting conference yet.”
CannMed 2018 attendees will also have access to an expanded exhibit hall filled with many of the top brands in the industry, including Medicinal Genomics, Advanced Nutrients, Tikun Olam, Papa & Barkley, Agilent Technologies, Perkin Elmer, CW Hemp, Weedmaps, Horizen, and more. Select companies will also be holding product demos, educational presentations, and panel discussions in the exhibit hall during breaks.
To gain access to all the CannMed 2018 oral presentations, panel discussions, poster presentations, and the expanded exhibit hall, select the “All Access Pass” option during registration. “Exhibit Only” passes are also available to attendees who only want access to the events inside the exhibit hall.Buy Tickets